Friday, July 29, 2011

Pillow Making!

It has been really good getting the opportunity to reunite with the kids and staff. I got the chance to meet with the 10 high school girls all together for the first time the other night to discuss and work on their first art project – pillow making! Woohoo! The girls had a good time picking out their fabric for their pillows and will be working on this project together for the next 2-3 meetings. The theme lesson that I have been planning on talking to the girls about is about “resting in Jesus” so I told them that they need to design and decorate the outside of their pillows with this theme in mind.









God’s Simple Reminder to me.

Yesterday seem to be one of the hottest days ever at Khaodee although everyday seems just as hot. As I was rocking Chloe to bed I started singing one of Cammy and Chloe’s favorite bedtime songs, “Amazing Grace”. As I finished this song, Wanna (high school girl) came out and said, “P' Vicky, What is that song that you just sang? I really like it.” I respond, “Amazing Grace”! With this moment I felt like God was reminding me so much about the simple moments that open doors for witnessing.

Wanna liked it so much that she asked me to write the words of that song out and Brian had the opportunity last night to teach that song to some of them. Today as I was meeting the girls for crafts again they started singing Amazing Grace. My prayer tonight is that the girls can truly embrace what God’s grace is. How it is sufficient enough for us and that they can fully understand what God’s grace means. “Amazing grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found was blind but now I see….”


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment