Monday, August 15, 2011

Praise God!

Hi everyone!

I'm sure there are alot of questions going on regarding Kit's health, and we werent in a position to share them as things were happening. But after talking to Kit and Catherine, here are some details as to what has gone on the past few days.

Last thursday, it was raining very hard here in Chiang Rai. And while Kit was walking, he slipped and hit is head on the cement. I found him probably 5 seconds after he fell, and we got him to the hospital within 5 minutes. We all prayed it was just a concussion, as Kit even tried to get up himself. After a CAT scan, the doctors let us know he actually had a brain hemmorage and there was a little bleeding. Benson and I stayed with Kit and Catherine in the hospital room that night. He was in a tremendous amount of pain and was in and out of sleep all night.

He got another CAT Scan the following day. If the swelling had stablized or shrunk, then he wouldnt need surgery. If it got worse then surgery would probably be needed. We got word later that day that the swelling had actually gotten worse. Not alot worse, but the swelling and bleeding had increased. The immediately sent him to ICU for 24 hour monitoring.

I won't even try and go through the emotions of everybody here, but needless to say things were very difficult. Because of the pain, Kit wanted to go into surgery, but the doctor convinced them to wait another 6 hours and get 1 final CAT scan.

Praise the Lord! This final Cat Scan showed the swelling had stopped and he was starting to stablize. That was Sunday, and today is Tuesday. And since then, Kit was been proggressing rapidly. Our God is good. Our God is sovereign. Please continue to pray for Kit's recovery so that he can fly back home ASAP.

Below are two little blurbs Kit wrote. 1 at the beginning of this, and 1 from yesterday.

CJ



Kit 1:

Weee, slip

It was raining 2 day n I took a spill. I guess 1 visit 2 the hospital
wasn't enough 4 me. This wasn't the way I planned it, we're hare 2
help others, not here 4 others 2 b focused on us but 2 focus on Jesus.
Please pray 4 me, they did a Cat-scan n found I have a brain hemmorage
(bleeding in my brain ) the right side of my head is swollen n is
throbing in pain.
Please pray 4 the kids @ Khaodee

In His care
Kit V


Sent from Kit Venable of
S.F.Solar

Kit #2

PRAISE GOD
"Because He lives I can face 2morrow, because He lives all fear is
gone." n so is the pain. Only out of the ICU this morning n already an
improvement, my Dr. even said it was ok for the nurse to stop my I.V.
Praise God Im alive.
Thank u all 4 your prayers of healing, I'll be out of the hospital
maybe this time 2morrow.. Have 2 come back Sat for follow-up
appointment n see when I might b able to fly again. Just yesterday I
had to ring a bell for someone to help me to go to... (not getting out
of bed to use the restroom), yes ringing a bell was even hard.
Praise God, I was even able to fold my Dr. an elephant. That was the
second elephant I folded 2day, the first one was for the nurses on
this floor w/ 3 jumping frogs, a few rabbits a butterfly and a dress-
shirt. I was able to borrow their tape to make a Thank you card for
the kids @ Khaodee. I wrote Thank you, Your prayers, n I miss you in
Thai.
Praise God Im talking w/nite staff at this Christian hospital n found
out the nurse Im talking w/is Budist. I asked her if she had Prou-Ong
( Jesus ) in her heart no Im Budist. So Im starting w/ Jn 3:16 then
Romans 10:9+10 and asking her co-workers if they know these verses.
Praise God allow Him to use us where ever we are.
In His care
Kit V

1 comment:

  1. praise God for His goodness! kit, i'm so happy to hear of your improvement! it's been said that God never wastes a hurt and i can see Him working through you even in this situation. keep the faith, khaodee team!

    ReplyDelete