Friday, August 26, 2011

Thank You God...

Being at home now for about a day, I've gotten a chance to try and sort through alot of what went on, on this past trip. And I have this overwhelming sense of thankfulness to God. And its for alot of things...His sovereignty, His provision, for teaching me how small my faith is when challenged.

When Kit's accident happened, I prayed that it would be just a minor concussion. When we found out it was actually worse, I prayed that the swelling and bleeding in his brain would stop. But it got worse. As we stayed with Kit and Catherine that first night, I remember lying there awake trying not to ask God, why? Why would He not answer my prayers. I prayed sooo hard. Where was He? I thought to myself, I should not be thinking these things. It's wrong to question...so I tried to push the thoughts out of my head.

Over the next couple of days, Benson and I took turns breaking down. Just trying to explain to someone else what happened, would cause me to weep. I felt really helpless and powerless. I remember thinking...there's absolutely nothing i can do to help Kit. All we could do was pray.

Then it happened. I really believe it to be a miracle. He started to improve. and not just slightly. He started his rapid recovery. First, he would'nt need surgery. Then the doctor told him he wouldn't be able to fly home till Sept. 10th. And yet, we are all home on time as scheduled. He was able to go to Khaodee for the last week to spend with the kids. Unbelievable.

I get goosebumps still just thinking about it. God is good. And as Catherine said after all this...He is the Great Healer. God had a plan. Not one that coincided with mine. One much better and that would give Him more glory. Will all accidents turn out this way? No, but in this case God chose to heal and through this all glory belongs to Him.

I realized how impatient I was with God. I felt as though He was coming through for me...but He was really saying...Just wait. Just watch what I'm going to do. Thank You God for Your love, Your grace, and teaching me about faith.

CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment