Saturday, August 20, 2011

Update from Kit!

WOW back home
Last night was my 1st nite back @ KHAODEE all the kids n staff saying
"hello n welcome back".
Praise God I've made it to Wed, last night we had a great dinner, the
evening program was very enthusiastic, the kids had a great time. This
morning we woke up to a beautiful rain fall, God has really provided
the best type of weather for a tenderfoot such as myself.
A while after breakfast we ( Benson, Catherine, Cliffton, Kim, Gai )
went down the road to a local school and gave an English lesson.
Introductury sentances, Days of the week, n Modes of Transportation.
The kids had a great time n the teacher enjoyed the assistance. I
noticed in the next class over the kids were loud n w/o a teacher, I
asked one group of students from the class what were they there for ?
They didn't seem to know. After awhile a teacher returned and noticed
my " magizine rabbit" ( reusing the paper from a magizine off the
airplane) n asked me to teach her students how 2 fold rabbits. We had
an impromptu English-folding lesson. Yes when the kids want to learn
how to fold an object, you can fold in an object lesson. While folding
the teacher handed me a marker for the board n I was all over that
fun ! New words : Rectangle 1/2 half Triangle Square then from
Triangle we saw the thai to Tricycle. After all that fun w/the
students the staff even invited us to lunch, bountiful blessings.


Kit Venable

No comments:

Post a Comment